Record numbers at bottom left corner of form missing (1 Viewer)

BJF

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:53
Hello,

I have a strange problem that i cant figure out - please help!!!:banghead:

I have a database with numerous forms all of which function normally,
except one my my forms which recently does not display the records indicator in the lower left corner where it should say Record 1 of 6504 for example.

It says the word Record and it has the arrows but no numbers, that is until i click on the rewind arrow to take me to the top of the recordset. when i click on it, at that point the form shows that i am at Record 1 of 6504. and all is normal.

However:
All of my others forms load showing the record im on and total number of records automatically without clicking anything.

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this form behavior?

Thanks

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:53
In the form properties, check Navigation Buttons.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:53
If it says Record then it sounds like Navigation buttons are set to Yes which is what you want.

It may indicate form corruption.
In turn, try
1. compacting the database
2. Creating a new form then copying all controls and code to that

Good luck

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:53
Typically, forms should be bound to queries with selection criteria to minimize the number of rows returned so it would be very rare for a form to have a recordset containing thousands of rows.

Access renders the form as soon as it has gathered enough data to fill it but it does not update the record x of y until the ENTIRE recordset has been downloaded from the server. The records are returned from the server in small groups. Access just sits there sending small requests to retrieve the next set of rows from the server in the hopes that it will not actually have to download potentially millions of rows. This isn't anything to worry about. As more data is sucked over the network, the navigation bar will eventually show everything.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:53
Sorry, I was in a rush and didn't fully read the post. I suspect Pat is right, it just hasn't downloaded all the records yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom