Recover a deleted report (1 Viewer)

Binworkin

Local time
Today, 00:33
Is there any way to recover a deleted report?

Falcone203

Local time
I'm guessing no backup.
May have to recreate it.
I backup my DB after major changes and have about 20 backups with my original starting DB on the web (Dropbox, google drive ....)
Then when I screw it all up, I open a previous version and rename the malfunctioned object and copy over the backed up version object

Binworkin

Local time
yes, no back up this week. I have been doing but missed one and did alot of work in between. Lesson learned (again).

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:33
Basic rules to db by:
- when you think you don't need it, prefix the name with zz (puts it at the bottom of the nav list), see what breaks (if anything) and wait a few weeks, or rename and never delete unless you need the disk space.
- automate your backups with Task Scheduler so you don't forget.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 22:33
This comment will quite possibly be of no help because you probably already know the answer to this at your particular environment/company, but, I'll throw this in just on the slight chance it helps. Not even sure if your environment is a corporate one, but:

Do you work at a company that has "previous versions" turned on for network folder backups? Right-click on the folder in question and go to Properties, see if a tab is Previous Versions ...
Testing 20200706.jpg

Some places I've worked have had this turned on, which is very helpful - and vastly preferable to going through the "I.T. Request" for file restores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom