Solved @;[Red]"(Required)" problems! (1 Viewer)

monk_1987

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:20
Hello (yet again)

I have been using one of the access templates (Northwind) to build an inventory system... While looking through the template I noticed a really cool feature that I have never seen before @;[Red]"(Required)" on the format of text boxes in the forms. So, I have since used it in my database and it works very well.

However, one of the required fields in a new form I am creating is a Date/Time field - the @;[Red]"(Required)" works and allows me to pick a date etc. But, as soon as I lose the focus of the text box, it turns the date into a bunch of random numbers.... But, the date I originally selected is saved in the table!

I have tried so many ways, such as dd/mm/yyyy;[Red]"(Required)" and @@/@@/@@@@;[Red]"(Required)" but without any luck!! The last examples is the closest I came as it gives me the correct format, but it misses out numbers and adds random ones, for example '01/ 8/2 476' even though I put in '03/05/2020' What am I doing wrong, or is it not possible to achieve what I want?

Thanks again!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:20
Hi. Have you tried?
Code:
dd/mm/yyyy;;;[Red]"(Required)"

monk_1987

Registered User.
Local time
Works perfectly now! Thanks very much.

Just out of interest, why does this now work? What do the other 2 ';' do?

Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:20
Works perfectly now! Thanks very much.

Just out of interest, why does this now work? What do the other 2 ';' do?

Thanks
Hi. Glad to hear you got it to work. Please let us know if you have any more questions after reading the thread @isladogs posted above. Cheers!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
that link didn't mention booleans (which are numeric). Out of scope for your question but you might also find this link of interest

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom