Reference error from custom event (1 Viewer)

Petr Danes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:23
I am struggling with this. The point about a subform is that it is self contained, other than the link to the container/main form. I struggle to see what you would be doing IN the subform that needs any involvement or knowledge from within the container form, or vice versa.

And I now realise that this is an old thread....
No sweat, old does not mean dead. Sometimes useful insights come long after the original matter has been resolved, and those may be useful for future issues, or useful to someone else with a similar problem, browsing the archives for information.

Many of my projects contain one main table and a bunch of auxiliary tables. A routine construct on the main form is a combobox or listbox, populated from an auxiliary table. Editing the auxiliary table can alter the contents of such controls, so I want to requery them. I do not want to do a blanket requery of all such controls, just the ones that may have changed. To that end, I have the form for editing the auxiliary table raise an event announcing that the contents of that table have changed. The main form, and sometimes ribbon controls are then reloaded by code that responds to such an event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom