Remote SqlServer Connection (1 Viewer)

ahmedjamalaboelez

Ahmed J. Aboelez
Local time
Yesterday, 17:49
Hi Every Body, I really need help in this ,
I Have remote SQL Server 2017 Database on GEAR HOST , and i need Sample code to connect to this Database and Drop This data to Text boxes in my form ,
I appreciate your help to find sample code to connect to this remote database and select data and drop it in text box .
Thanks

Ranman256

Local time
Yesterday, 20:49
you dont need code, just run the ODBC link and join tables manually.

ahmedjamalaboelez

Ahmed J. Aboelez
Local time
Yesterday, 17:49
RANMAN256, Thanks for reply ,
But i Already tried , but It Takes Much time to bring data in addition to drop in internet problems ,so if i can control opening the connection and close with code that will be easier.
Thanks

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:49
If your connection is not robust and persistent, your approach may be untenable. Access does not handle internet connection breaks very well and frequently can run into database corruption. Opening and closing the connection doesn't help since if it drops while it is open, you are still facing the same issue.

When looking at slow, unreliable network connections, don't choose Access if there is any other way to do it. While it might be a pain in the toches, web-based situations work better with slow, unreliable connections. (Partly because most web-based protocols are connectionless.)

If all you have is Access, I don't know how to advise you. Access just does not work well in such situations as you describe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom