Replacing contents of table (1 Viewer)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:58
Hi Gale. We're all happy to assist. Best of luck with your project.

CindyKredo

Local time
Gale - in the future when you import data from Excel, I've found the best way to control exactly what gets imported is to assign a named range to the cells you are importing. You can do that by selecting all of the cells that will be imported (don't include empty rows below or empty columns to the right) and then to the left of the formula bar in Excel give it a name - something like TempData (you can't use spaces in this name, it can't start with a number, and don't use any abbreviations that might get confused with cell addresses). Save the Excel file. When you do the data import from inside Access, the named range will be an option (instead of picking the tab). This is also great if you are importing multiple sheets into different tables: just give each data range a meaningful name.

GaleT

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Cindy, that's very interesting. I use named ranges in Excel often but I didn't know that Access had any visibility to them. Would the tab name still have to be named the same as the Table name? Or does the import wizard present the ranges for input and then prompt for the table name?

Gale

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom