Replicate Only Parts Of A Table (1 Viewer)

Lady Gragor

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:41
In the HR database, I need to replicate parts of a table to a central backend which feeds other databases. The information I need to replicate is in a table which also contains the sensitive information. Due to privacy laws, I don't have access to the full database therefore splitting the table will be difficult. I know you can replicate parts of a database i.e. select which tables to include but can you replicate parts of a table within that database?

I'd appreciate any advice?

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 23:41
Can you not use make table queries on the selected tables and only select the desired fields?

A major problem I have come accross in the past is the subject of sensative data. When developing systems you sometimes have to handle real life data to test your program, also you may need to migrate the data from one source to another. I once had to have a CRB check (Criminal Records Bureau) to see if it was alright for me to see this data. You have two possible solutions.

1. Explain that you need access to these tables in order to perform the task required and you are willing to sign a confidentiality statement
2. write a clear and consise crib sheet of what needs to be done to accomplish the task and ask them to give it to someone with viewing permissions to perform.

The latter is somewhat subjective as you cannot test the instructions to prove them correct.

Last edited:

Lady Gragor

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:41
Thanks for your reply.

I ended up solving this by creating a union query with just the necessary fields from the tables (turned out there were five tables with the same fields containing information from different sections of the business) I then created a make table query based on the union query and made the table drop into the backend where I needed it. I then added a macro to the on close event of the main form to run the make table query. I just thought that there might be a replica possibility I wasn't aware of. Anyway this works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom