Solved Report dynamically adjustable labels and text boxes (1 Viewer)

jazsriel

Local time
Today, 17:08
Hi folks. I am wondering if it is possible to have dynamically adjustable labels and text boxes based upon what is in the text box field on a report. So on the DB I have attached I have 3 boxes, first is a label with data that will never change, then the date field which will change monthly and yearly, and then finally the last label box with data that will never change. I was wanting to know if the edges of the date field can change based upon what the date entry is. Then at the same time the last label field (the one to the right of the date field) I was wanting to know if that is possible to adjust it to automatically line up next to the date field so there is no huge gap between the 2 when you look at it on print preview?

Attachments

• Test.accdb
    872 KB · Views: 98

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:08
I would just concatenate the values together into one label. Otherwise you are into estimating the length of each field and adjusting the control width and left positions. But it can be done your way if you want - see this link for one way to get the text length http://www.ww.lebans.com/autosize_textbox.htm

jazsriel

Local time
So let me understand this correctly. I can actually concatenate the following information:

During the nightly shelf stocking inspections for the month DATEBOX(which changes all the time) , the following items listed

All this can be in the same label? The date box is based on a user input field. Are you sure that would work?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:08
see the Control Source of txtInfo on the Report.

Attachments

• Test (3).accdb
    504 KB · Views: 122

jazsriel

Local time
I am away from my computer for the day. I will check it out tonight when I am back at work. Thank you in advance for the reply.

jazsriel

Local time
I did not know you could do that. Okay, so now I can incorporate this into various facets of the DB I am currently working on. This works really nice. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom