Report Formatting (1 Viewer)

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:44
I have created a report based on a query that returns the following fields (from 3 different tables)

[Employee ID] [Employee Name] [Supervisor] [Salary]

It displayed just like that, but now we are trying to find the sum of the supervisor's worker's salaries. So I want to group all the employees by their supervisors.

Code:
[Supervisor]
------------------------------------------
      [Employee ID] [Employee ID] [Salary]
                                   [Total]

I would like the Supervisor name to not repeat and for each supervisor to have their own page. I've done something like this before, but I forget how, please forgive me, my expertise is in the VBA.

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Okay I have the grouping done by right-clicking and selecting "Sorting and Grouping", but as far as breaking after each group, anyone have any ideas?

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
modest said:
I have created a report based on a query that returns the following fields (from 3 different tables)

[Employee ID] [Employee Name] [Supervisor] [Salary]

It displayed just like that, but now we are trying to find the sum of the supervisor's worker's salaries. So I want to group all the employees by their supervisors.

Code:
[Supervisor]
      [Employee ID] [Employee ID] [Salary]
                                   [Total]

I would like the Supervisor name to not repeat and for each supervisor to have their own page. I've done something like this before, but I forget how, please forgive me, my expertise is in the VBA.

That would be set up in the group of the report. Need to set the Supervisor at the top most grouping on your report.

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Nevermind, I have it, just put a line-break in the footer.

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Selena, it seems I knew how to do it, I just rushed too quickly to ask everyone else. I thought it was a little bit harder than what it was for instance, I thought I would to create a sub-report based on the main report's detail. Anyhow, sorry for wasting your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom