Report results for dates greater than a parameter date don't display. (1 Viewer)

Lura

Local time
Today, 09:46
I have a report based on a query which is working correctly. However, the report linked a form based on a this query does not return the proper dates. The report prompts for a >=([Begin Date]) and returns the prompt when you input the date it does not filter out the appropriate dates. It either shows them all or does not show the dates.

In the Text Box for Begin date Source control I have [Begin Date] if I try to add in the >= then it double prompts.

A parameter is set up through the query.

Richie (Response to your e-mail-I got a wrong e-mail address when I tried to send it)

Begin Date is actually the field name where the existing dates are held. So, our goal is that the user would like to be prompted to enter a date for which a particular action occurred and then view all the actions that have occurred from that date forward (to present). So, my dilemna with the different things I have tried is that I either get 2 prompts with that filter, so all the actions on all dates are showing or if I take that out of the control source I get 1 prompt that returns a blank column under (Begin Date) on the report.

I appreciate if anyone can steer me in the right direction.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Lura (edited 08-18-2000).]

R

Richie

I don't understand why you have >= Begin date, is begin date the date you wish to begin the report from using existing dates?

R

Richie

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly but I assume you have the field begin date in the query design grid and that you have typed >=[Begin Date] in the criteria section for Begin date in which case it won't work, I would put >=[Start Date] in the query criteria and set the parameters to [Start Date] date/time. If you base your report on that a pop up dialogue box will prompt for a start date and that is all you need to enter, you do not need to put in >= again.
HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom