Report Width Blues (1 Viewer)

Louise

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:16
Hi,

I have a report in which I had to display so many fields that it spans the limit of 55cm. I have formatted it carefully so that the first half of the fields appear on one page and the second half on the second page. This all looks fine.

My only problem is that my report header also spans the 2 landscape pages. The contents of the header are only a few labels about 5 cm wide. This has a forced page break after it to create a cover page. What I am getting is the cover page and a blank page and then the first page of my data.

This is the only blank page in the whole report. Is there a way to limit this section to one page only?

If I have gone about the design of this report incorrectly, any suggestions on what I should have done?

Thanks,
Louise

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
Today, 07:16
If the report header spans two pages because the report detail spans two pages then I don't know how to reduce the page header because I think it has to be the same as the detail width.

A workaround would be to build two reports, one with the detail and another with the report header.

Use the OnPrint event of the detail report to print the Report Header report.

A bit fiddly perhaps, but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom