Reporting SPAM (1 Viewer)

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:31
Perhaps when reporting SPAM the little SPAM icon can change to all red to indicate it has already been reported thereby negating the need to post that one has already reported the SPAM.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:31
Good idea and certainly one for Jon to look into. Maybe you can post the same on the VIP section so that Vassago could pick it up?

It's probably the way it is so that the poster doesn't know that his/her has post been reported. Sometimes genuine posters get reported in error which could potentially lead to strife. But I definitely see the good side of making the change.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Going to do right now!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Good idea and certainly one for Jon to look into. Maybe you can post the same on the VIP section so that Vassago could pick it up?

It's probably the way it is so that the poster doesn't know that his/her has post been reported. Sometimes genuine posters get reported in error which could potentially lead to strife. But I definitely see the good side of making the change.

Surely it is better that they know it has been reported as spam , I just say reported as spam, so that if it is not spam they can challenge this rather than wondering why action has been taken.

Brian

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm all in favour of the idea but some may argue that, to others viewing that thread, it may give a bad impression of the person being reported if he/she is "innocent".

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
I see how the person might believe what they have posted is not SPAM but wouldn't that that be the Moderators job to review the post(s) and confirm. If it's not SPAM them *unchaeck*.

And, they can still follow-up, it just turns the little SPAM icon red, wouldn't that be about the same as typing reporting as SPAM?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
No not the poster, I mean for those that are just viewing that thread.

Hmmm... I thought we only do that when it's obvious that the message is spam? I think that button is not just for reporting spam but for other purposes too, like reporting abusive language.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
@vbaInet

If you post the message and say I wonder in and read it and do not think it's SPAM, I'm free to say so, right there in the thread.

Yes, it also for abusive language and advertising. I'm not sure of the action that happen when you get reported for those, however, *flagging* the thread still alerts the OP that they did something *wrong* and still leaves it up to the Mod as to what action to take.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
@vbaInet

If you post the message and say I wonder in and read it and do not think it's SPAM, I'm free to say so, right there in the thread.
True, but it's one less job for the Mods to do if a message is not posted to this effect. The Mod has to also delete your message as well. I vaguely remember in a private message to one of the mods he mentioned something to this effect and that there was no quick way of doing it. Don't quote me on this though, but I think this is what he said :)

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Remember vbaInet, they are asking you to post that you reported it, so the Mods would still have the same task. What I am proposing is eliminating the *Reporting as SPAM* and just turning the icon red. The way they are doing it now they still need to take care, so it should save them work in the long run... Did I explain that right?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Ha! And I never noticed (or read) this post all this while :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
That message is asking us to do what I do, it is a relatively new announcement , it wasn't present when VbaInet was last posting regularly, how it manages to have a date of 2008 I don't know, perhaps it was elsewhere and has been moved.

Brian
That would explain it! At least I know now to post a note.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Oh, well I can only say what date it has I only started posting regularly last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom