Solved Reports filled with Blank squares/boxes (1 Viewer)

jazsriel

Local time
Today, 06:21
Hi,

I have a question and I am hoping everyone/anyone can help. I have attached a database and a pdf in a zip file. What I am wanting to accomplish out of this is to fill a page on a report with empty boxes. I have the basic requirements into the database, with just a few entries on it to show the result I would like to have. The pdf file shows where the report comes from and it has 34 lines per page at all times. However, the boxes only need to fill the form after any data is entered. So lets just say that we have 12 lines of data entered, then after that it would need to have 22 blank sections of boxes after that. If 2 lines of data are entered then it would need to have 32 blank sections after it to finish filling up the page. Anyway I hope that someone has a solution to this problem. I have been trying to solve this for some time and I have gotten absolutely no where. Thank you.

Attachments

• DB.zip
    788.3 KB · Views: 29

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:21
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Try looking for a sample db using a UNION query in one of the threads here. I'll post a link, if I find one later.

Sent from phone...

jazsriel

Local time
Hi,

I have read about those but I do not know how to do a union on a query. The help that was provided on those I read did not make sense to me. But if you have some that are dumbed down for someone like me I would appreciate it.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:21
Hi,

I have read about those but I do not know how to do a union on a query. The help that was provided on those I read did not make sense to me. But if you have some that are dumbed down for someone like me I would appreciate it.
Could you post a sample copy of your db with test data? Maybe it would be easier if we could show you how to do it.

arnelgp

error reading drive A:
Local time
Today, 20:21
you only have 28 lines on your report?
see the Open event of the report and adjust "intLinesPerPage".

Attachments

• DB.zip
    692.6 KB · Views: 26

jazsriel

Local time
No, once the report is done it should have a total of 34 lines. I have no idea how you did that, I am looking at what you did, but I sit here in amazement at how quickly you did that. It works perfectly. I was wondering since you were able to help me with this issue, Could I put some finishing touches on this part of the DB I am working on and have you help me with a final issue I am having on this same report?

arnelgp

error reading drive A:
Local time
You copy the dummy table to your db.
In my demo open the report in design view.
Press alt-f11 and copy the code from the report.

Open your report in design view and paste the code in vba.

jazsriel

Local time
I understood entirely everything you wrote in your last 2 posts and it works perfectly. What I was referring to was a different issue on the same DB, that has 2 parts to it. So if I need to make a new post please tell me, so I do not violate any rules of the site.

I am reattaching the slightly modified DB with more entries and lines in order to allow for any help I can get to be easier.

The new 2 part problem with my DB is this. If you look at the PDF that is in the zip folder you will see that there is a blank line after every group of items. The grouped items are all for the same day. Then we leave a blank line in order to signify a new day, instead of all the entries running together. How do I put a blank line after every group of entries on this same report?

Which that question also leads me into the 2nd part of this issue, also on that PDF you will notice that only the top entry for a group has the date/day listed, I still need the dates listed for all entries to help keep them grouped I am thinking but I need to not show the date/day for every single entry, so how could this be accomplished also?

Attachments

• db.zip
    724.7 KB · Views: 19

arnelgp

error reading drive A:
Local time
its complicated now with those blank lines in-between.
i did not elect to use Group since, doing so will add a blank
line on the beginning of the report.

i added yet another query. it just count how many records per date.

also, your report, if fully filled has 37 lines not 34.
you adjust the botton margin so it will show 34.

Attachments

• db (1).zip
    704.9 KB · Views: 21

jazsriel

Local time
Works great, I am trying to apply some date modifications that I use on other reports to this report you have been helping me with but it is giving me a UNION error which states
"The number of columns in the two selected tables or queries of a union query do not match."

I am trying to put the following on query1 which changes the date to show just the day.

Field: DateMonth: Month([Date])
Criteria: Month(Now())

I also have a few others I will need to apply for showing just the month and the year, I will drop them in Query1 so you can see what I am talking about. I have added the following expressions to Query 1: Expr1, Expr2, Expr3.

I have also added those controls to Report1 in the correct locations, I did not realize that they would be such a pain to add.
Any ideas on it?

The only other problem I can see coming up, is this report will need to separate the months. So for instance we are in December 2020, when January comes up, I will need to be able to make sure January items are the start of a new report, not a continuation of December, if that makes any sense. I know I am probably asking a lot but I really do appreciate all this help you have given me.

Also sorry for my late reply, I had to go out and take care of errands.

Thank you

Attachments

• DB.zip
    102 KB · Views: 29

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom