Reports - Multiple Column (1 Viewer)

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:26
I am having trouble getting my report to read correctly. I am trying to show our 4 production lines, with 3 shifts each daily sales. The problem I am facing is that the the main field names are "Machine" with 4 options and "Shift" with 3 options. I have tried a crosstab query, but it will only give me either the breakdown per machine or shift. I would like my columns to be Date, Machine A - Shift 1, Shift 2, Shift 3, Machine B - Shift 1, etc, through to Machine D - Shift 3, with each shift showing the sales and then totalled with a final column. All of the information is included in 2 tables, the main table production, includes the record number, date, machine, shift, # of employees and hours worked. The second is the detail table, which includes the number of items produced as well as the Part ID. I would appreciate any help with this.
Thanks.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:26
Create a select query which concatinates machine and shift.
Select SaleDate,SaleAmt,Machine & Shift as MachineShift,etc.
From YourTable;

Then create a crosstab query from the select query using MachineShift as the column heading. Base your report on the crosstab query.

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:26
Dear Pat:
Thanks for all your help. My report is now up and running exactly as I wanted it to read.
Carol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom