Republicans Vs. Democrats (1 Viewer)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 12:02
No flames please, but I have an honest question.

On many occasions I’ve heard, you’re a Single mom, how can you be a Republican. Can you explain that to me?

You’ve heard my reasons, even if they are based on experience, I still feel strongly about them. Can I be given facts, in ‘Selena’s’ terms, so I can honestly understand the difference?

I do not want to fight, or debate over which is better. I simply want to hear both sides so I can make a decision based on facts, instead of my emotions, and experience.

Half my family is Democrats, and the other half is Republican, however it was never discussed. That was a hot issue in my household, so it was kept quiet. Perhaps that is why I don’t have much knowledge of the subject.

Here is how I understand both sides

Republicans---
Believe in Gun control, Death penalty, and fewer taxes.
Don’t believe in Abortions and Gay marriages.

Democrats---
Believe in Abortions, More taxes, allowing people to leech off the system.
Don’t believe in Death Penalty, and gun control.

Only thing I don’t agree with the Republicans, is the Gay marriage issue. I don’t feel we should restrict that. However that is another topic for another thread.

So, please enlighten me, educate me, and help me.

Yes, I could look it up myself, and I have; but it only succeeded in confusing me more.

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
Are you sure? :confused:

I thought they believed in allowing citiziens to have gun, but under strick gun laws.

KenHigg

Local time
Sel, Here's how I see the major diff - Dem's think we should help each other while Rep's think a person should make their own way....

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 11:02
KenHigg said:
Sel, Here's how I see the major diff - Dem's think we should help each other while Rep's think a person should make their own way....

I wouldn't go that far... Republicans are happy to help people to a point, but feel that people should be also making an effort to improve their own situation and not just waiting for their handouts. Democrats are perfectly happy to continue helping people forever and keeping them dependent on the government, because of course, that means a larger voting base for them...

I know, I know, I've taken it to the other extreme. :D

selenau837

Local time
MrsGorilla said:
I wouldn't go that far... Republicans are happy to help people to a point, but feel that people should be also making an effort to improve their own situation and not just waiting for their handouts. Democrats are perfectly happy to continue helping people forever and keeping them dependent on the government, because of course, that means a larger voting base for them...

I know, I know, I've taken it to the other extreme. :D

That is exactly how I understood it. Whew, so I'm not alone in that understanding. :D

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
I thought they believed in allowing citiziens to have gun, but under strick gun laws.

"Republicans and Democrats hold very different views on gun control. A 71% to 11% majority of Democrats favors stricter gun control, whereas Republicans are split 35% to 35%. A 65% to 7% majority of Republicans think President Bush would handle the issue better than Senator Kerry,":rolleyes:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Rich said:
"Republicans and Democrats hold very different views on gun control. A 71% to 11% majority of Democrats favors stricter gun control, whereas Republicans are split 35% to 35%. A 65% to 7% majority of Republicans think President Bush would handle the issue better than Senator Kerry,":rolleyes:

I think that's because Republicans don't mind strict gun laws (most of them anyway) but they are worried that the Democrats would make moves to take them away from everyone. I don't mind doing what we have to do to make our country safer, but I would shy away from taking them away completely as it is written into the Constitution.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Rich said:
The constitution's centuries out of date;)

You say that about the Bible too and I disagree with you on that point also. :p

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
You say that about the Bible too and I disagree with you on that point also. :p
Whilst that may be true, it's also true that much of the bible is disregarded today since it's now seen as obsolete:p

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Fact. More people left the welfare roles during the Clinton administration.

Fact: Under the last 3 Republican administrations government overspending (deficits) have risen to record levels. The national dept is currently 8 trillion dollars or about $24,000 for each American, including your children.

Fact: in the last 100 years during Democratic administrations the stock market has out performed the Republic one.

Now who’s looking out for the bank?

A friend of mine owns a company. He employs around fifty union workers, since they are union he is required by contract to pay them a living wage. Well our brilliant Republican President decided to give a wonderful tax break in 2002, my friend saved $150,000 on his federal income taxes in 2004, the barely middle class folks working for him averaged saving about $300 each.

Who’s looking out for the middle class?

See that’s the problem, neither of them are.

The middle class in the United States is diminishing while the Republicans cater to the ultra rich and the idiots that call themselves democrats are trying to get gay marriage passed.

If we are to regain our commitment to having a prosperous middle class we are going to have to create a new platform for the democrats, one that has the interest of the common man (or woman) as the center of its agenda.

But the biggest economic woe being visited upon us is this war, this republican war. With the money we spent on this war we could have created thousands of schools, fixed the national health care system, created a tax incentive program to build day care centers for working mothers, not hand outs for welfare recipients, but actual relief for the most assaulted group in America, the single working mom.

No the Democrats have been acting like idiots for too long, but that doesn’t excuse the excesses of the Republicans.

Don’t let any one fool you, the republicans out spend the democrats by a large margin.

More to come I’ll give our Republican friends a chance to beet me up.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
the idiots that call themselves democrats are trying to get gay marriage passed.

So you're saying gay marriage is idiotic? :confused:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
So you're saying gay marriage is idiotic? :confused:

No Richard, it was a metaphor. Being British I would have thought you would have recognized that.

If you are asking my opinion on gay marriage, you’ll have to start a new thread on that.

I want to keep this thread focused.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
No Richard, it was a metaphor. Being British I would have thought you would have recognized that.

If you are asking my opinion on gay marriage, you’ll have to start a new thread on that.

I want to keep this thread focused.
Well the thread is about differences between parties and there is quite clearly a difference of opinion on the subject, so why not tell us your opinion:confused:

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
So the sick, elderly and poor are leeches? :confused:

Sick and elderly no. The poor, it depends on the situation.

If they are capiable of working, and are not, then yes they are leeches. I can understand a few months between jobs, but years of not trying...that is what I mean by leeching.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Are you sure? :confused:
Quite, controlling your gun to hit your point of aim is very important.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
especially if you want a kill
Or hitting the bulls eye on a paper target where 99% of the shooting takes place (paper target, stones, clay targets, cans, etc. all lumped together in that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom