Solved Requery main report to update referenced control (1 Viewer)

foshizzle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:50
I have a main report with multiple sub reports. The main report references bound textbox controls on the various subreports with the Running Sum option set to Overall. (There is nothing in common between the various subreports).

Problem
The controls on the main report display the first/top value for the referenced subreports when using acViewPreview instead of the total (bottom) value. However if I use acViewReport, the controls show the correct total value for Running Sum. But if I print the report using this view, it reverts to the top value instead of the total.

How can I make this work? I'm open to alternatives. I've tried requerying the main report controls and exporting to PDF after opening with no resolve.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:50
Hi. In case no one is able to provide a quick solution, are you able to post a demo copy of your db to show the problem?

foshizzle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:50
You're not going to believe this but I went to lunch and when i came back, its working now.. not sure what I did right before i left. I went to make a sample of the DB to upload but it is also working.. I dunno but hope its some freak/intermittent thing..

Open the frmReportBuildSum and enter 10/01/20 for both the start and begin dates. the report opens with all reference fields properly updated..

Attachments

• Database151.accdb
    1.8 MB · Views: 336

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:50
You're not going to believe this but I went to lunch and when i came back, its working now.. not sure what I did right before i left. I went to make a sample of the DB to upload but it is also working.. I dunno but hope its some freak/intermittent thing..

Open the frmReportBuildSum and enter 10/01/20 for both the start and begin dates. the report opens with all reference fields properly updated..
Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom