Resetting my BIOS (1 Viewer)

davidg47

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:58
Has anyone here ever unplugged the battery from their motherboard in order to reset their BIOS? I keep getting an error message saying that the CPU has been changed, but not registered in the BIOS. I can just hit the F1 key and continue the boot without any further errors... it's just that it's annoying.

Also, when I do try to access my BIOS, it pops-up a password box when I never set a password on my BIOS... so that's another thing I want to clear.

If anyone knows of any issues with resetting my BIOS in this manner, please let me know.

Thanks for your help...

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 01:58
Maybe one of these:

1. Is there a set bios back to default in the bios set menu
2. Remove the battery, remove the cpu. Wait a few minutes the put the battery back in then put the cpu back in...
3. Google the motherboard manuf and or the bios and see what their site suggests...

justchillin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:58
Its quite safe to remove the battery, another option is to use a jumper on the motherboard that will clear the cmos (this will also remove the password)

Once the battery is replaced you will need to re-enter the system time you will also have an option to load setup defaults (you will only need to do this once) Job Done

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:58
You shouldn't need to reset the BIOS - simply hit del or F8 (sometimes even F5) just after you have booted (there should be a message to say witch key to hit but it's not there for long). Ensure to has detected your CPU by finding the appropriate entry in the BIOS then save and exit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom