Resize sub forms (1 Viewer)

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:07
as i go along applying the Resizeform me to all my forms, i realize that i am not sure who this works, and my main forms and sub forms seem to be more out of place that when it was static.
my subforms seem to move to the right and i have to use the scroll bar where i did not have it active before
another issue is, say I have 2 subforms on the main form, I either get the form very much out of dimension, as below, or there is gaps between the 2 subforms, as if they remain in the static size it was created in.
I only apply Resize on load in the main form and not on the sub forms

please could you shed some light on this

1599741546176.png

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:07
also, now my main form with all the subforms has been altered by access
the font went from 12 to 23, the subforms has been resized in design view
all the sub forms are twice the size it was designed
please, not sure what to do anymore

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:07
buy shrinkerStretcher. its only a couple of dollar?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:07
I've also used Shrinker / Stretcher in the past and its OK. However, its more expensive than @arnelgp suggests.

Quite honestly, I don't think its as good as my AFR code which is completely free, works both with tabbed documents and overlapping windows options, handles popup forms, offers an optional form zoom feature as well as handling different monitor shapes and resolutions
...of course I may be biased 😁

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:07
@Gismo
Don't panic. Step back and test one change at a time
I did point out that adding AFR to forms that weren't designed with that in mind may give results that aren't what you want.
That is also true if you now try Shrinker/Stretcher or later add anchoring.

For now I strongly urge you to re-read my article carefully and follow the advice given.
When used properly, AFR works perfectly.
I have used it with all my commercial apps for over 15 years and know many other developers who also use that code

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom