responses from the pros here.... (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Today, 10:04
so you guys,

Shall we say that lively intelligent debates have sparked since I've started asking technical questions again? @The_Doc_Man , why do you think I started doing that? I'm sure you know that I have the ability to play mind games on a high level, however I generally don't do it because I have other things that I'm responsible for, not to mention the fact that I don't waste my time on useless junk (other than recording corporate employees with my phone). So why do you think I have asked a slew of questions here lately, with the intent of getting your help, along with anyone else like Paul who wants to share what they've got?

Have any idea? Do you think it's legit, or just a bunch of BS designed to rattle you? :)

I'll answer for you.....I happen to take on an access project, and even though my skills are just fine from decades ago, I have forgotten some things. And i don't have expertise in anything really. I was just asked to do the work because they couldn't find anyone who was competent enough to be believable when they proposed a solution to the problem. Some are convincing, some aren't. ya know? Some can sell, some can't. ;)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I sincerely hope you weren't tossing a pile of B.S. just to rattle us because if that WAS your goal, you missed it. You don't rattle us. You just tick us off and make us less inclined to help. Remember, you have already claimed that you do a lot of things just for fun. Our memory isn't THAT short, you know.

I've been trying to answer where I can. As long as it looks legit, I will treat it that way. I've already told you that much.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:04
Shall we say that lively intelligent debates have sparked since I've started asking technical questions again?
The term "lively intelligent debate" implies that there are multiple differing well-considered inputs being discussed. All I have seen is consistent information coming from knowledgeable developers refuting the nonsense you post that demonstrates that you really don't have a clue.

Sun_Force

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:04
so you guys,

Shall we say that lively intelligent debates have sparked since I've started asking technical questions again? @The_Doc_Man , why do you think I started doing that? I'm sure you know that I have the ability to play mind games on a high level, however I generally don't do it because I have other things that I'm responsible for, not to mention the fact that I don't waste my time on useless junk (other than recording corporate employees with my phone). So why do you think I have asked a slew of questions here lately, with the intent of getting your help, along with anyone else like Paul who wants to share what they've got?

Have any idea? Do you think it's legit, or just a bunch of BS designed to rattle you? :)

I'll answer for you.....I happen to take on an access project, and even though my skills are just fine from decades ago, I have forgotten some things. And i don't have expertise in anything really. I was just asked to do the work because they couldn't find anyone who was competent enough to be believable when they proposed a solution to the problem. Some are convincing, some aren't. ya know? Some can sell, some can't. ;)

I've seen so many posts you say you're too good in programming and talk about your abilities, but the questions I saw you posted is among the first thing they taught us the very first day we started our programming course in collage. Constant vs Variable is one of them. How is it a technical question?

No harm meant. You asked and I simply answered.

neuroman9999

Local time
responses to all....

I sincerely hope you weren't tossing a pile of B.S. just to rattle us because if that WAS your goal, you missed it. You don't rattle us. You just tick us off and make us less inclined to help. Remember, you have already claimed that you do a lot of things just for fun. Our memory isn't THAT short, you know.

I've been trying to answer where I can. As long as it looks legit, I will treat it that way. I've already told you that much.

your memory will get shorter as you age. don't ya think? and why the hell would I rattle you when I would like to write down the rules of access's quirks and there are people here willing to share what they've got with me!? I told u guys many times I don't work with access in general. this is a special case. and I'm not an access pro, but I can to literally anyone. that's exactly why this current employer is paying me. because I know what the hell I'm talking about. You don't need to know anything to make money. You just have to ""look the part"". 90% of the world is BS. software is never perfect, and it never will be. so, why be a pro in anything if buyers throughout the world are ignorant about everything anyway, and you can get the answers from the internet for free!? (and no, that doesn't mean that I know nothing. it just means I'm wise enough to know that I don't have to be an expert in access to make money by being able to figure it out). and by the way, I don't need your help richard, or anyone else's here. I can get the information you give me from anywhere, literally. I only ask here because I would hope that you guys can get value from me, based on what I've got, as I can get the same thing from all you guys, as all of you are experts in this program. sharing in this manner is what makes everyone smarter and gains mutual respect among professionals and intelligent people on Earth. ;)

The term "lively intelligent debate" implies that there are multiple differing well-considered inputs being discussed. All I have seen is consistent information coming from knowledgeable developers refuting the nonsense you post that demonstrates that you really don't have a clue.

there is no nonsense. if that's what you look at it as, obviously you're not even close to my level of knowledge. but I don't blame you. just consider me as a management-type level person, and yourself as a professional developer who has a focus/discipline. that's pretty much what you're looking at when you read my stuff anyway. If you don't like it, tough shit. some people are naturally managers, some aren't. and some don't even want to be. I'll never forget my 1st tenure at Collins Aerospace. My manager, Mr. Jarvis, told me endless times in private one-on-one meetings with me:
Adam, I don't know why I'm a manager. I hate this job. I'm an engineer, not a manager
Interestingly enough, he still works there and is now back to being an engineer.

I've seen so many posts you say you're too good in programming and talk about your abilities, but the questions I saw you posted is among the first thing they taught us the very first day we started our programming course in collage. Constant vs Variable is one of them. How is it a technical question?

Obviously you're missing the point then. What you've just shown is that you do not have an expansive mind. See above. These are questions that a competent manager would ask his engineers to understand what the hell they do, in a wonderful planning effort to cover situations whereby his subordinates did not have enough planning ability to write code in a way that covered all the basis when they had to submit their work to him, and he had to mix it with other code, coming from other people in other departments. This is the way it works in the corporate world. It is literally chaos, and many hate their jobs because of this. It's the dumbest freaking environment on Earth, and it makes no sense, because everyone is fighting for power and the recognition that they are right and know more than everyone else. Power struggles. Stupid people. Different managers wanting different things for a variety of reasons. People drinking themselves to death. Drinking way too much coffee. Having sex outside of marriage because they can't deal with the illegitimacy of their work and hate it/can't handle the stress of profit making deadlines.

in other words, think of me as someone who asks questions of pros like you in an effort to understand what you do based on what you know and/or was trained for. thus, I write it down, store it in a KB, and refer to it when a scenario comes about whereby I need to change your ""professionally-written work"" to something that ""just works"" because there are so many people involved in the ""end process"" to "'get something out of the door because the salesmen of the company ""marketed it to the world and promised it on 'x' date"". this is what good managers do. they understand that nothing is perfect, and they encourage their people to do what they are trained to do, then if things need changed to ""get it to work"" when the time comes to introduce it to the world on time, they have the knowledge from their pros about what tools are available to manipulate the product to get it there.

follow all of that? if you don't, don't worry about it. I'm telling you what good leaders do. Or at least, the way I would do it. I use people like you for their talent, don't marginalize them, but rather appreciate what they've got, take what they have, use it if need be, and thank them afterwards.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 11:04
There you go talking about Richard's age again. You just can't refrain yourself, can you? Is mocking people older than you fun to you? Do you think that just because you didn't use the words "grandpa" or "old man" that you're not transparent?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
by the way, I don't need your help richard, or anyone else's here. I can get the information you give me from anywhere, literally. I only ask here because I would hope that you guys can get value from me, based on what I've got, as I can get the same thing from all you guys, as all of you are experts in this program. sharing in this manner is what makes everyone smarter and gains mutual respect among professionals and intelligent people on Earth.

Adam, I don't know what value we can get from you in an Access forum. Your "help" in the past has been weighed and found deficient. All you have shown us so far is attitude, disrespect, and the ability to copy and paste stuff that you eventually call your own. We had another call out about that just a couple of days ago. You are quite correct that sharing knowledge is a way to gain respect. I am not sure what is to be gained by sharing what you have shown us so far.

You asked me in a private conversation if we had started talking about you again. I will say, "Yes, there is a conversation. No, I'm not going to tell you what it is about."

If you don't need our help and yet continue to hang around after being banned permanently several times and being short-term banned several times in your current iteration, you are not getting the message and are behaving like a band "groupie" or "wannabe." When I played music to pay for my college, our little band actually HAD a groupie or two, so I know what that looks like.

If you want to hang around and gain respect, LOSE THE ATTITUDE. Can't say it any plainer or clearer than that. You are your own worst enemy in the way you post, Adam. I don't hate you. And I know you wouldn't want to hear that I pity you. So I won't say anything else except perhaps to offer you the Islamic greeting, "Peace be unto you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom