Restrict to Filling in Forms - but allow formatting (1 Viewer)

flemmo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:20
I have a protected form so the user can only fill in form fields. However I want them to be able to change text size, colour, bold, italic etc.
I've tried "Limit formatting to a selection of styles" ticked and unticked. But either way ALL formatting options are greyed out.

I've even tried going into "Manage Styles" and making sure all the styles I want are unrestricted, but again this didn't seem to make any difference.

Any thoughts?
The ultimate goal is to stop any kind of spelling/grammer checks and stop the user from being able to turn them back on.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 17:20
Have you tried creating a simple macro to open the format>fonts options only? This can then be added to the field by right clicking on it and selecting properties. Normally I would select the option to run macro on exit.

Hope this helps.

mimalik816

Local time
Today, 20:20
I have a protected form so the user can only fill in form fields. However I want them to be able to change text size, colour, bold, italic etc.
I've tried "Limit formatting to a selection of styles" ticked and unticked. But either way ALL formatting options are greyed out.

I've even tried going into "Manage Styles" and making sure all the styles I want are unrestricted, but again this didn't seem to make any difference.

Any thoughts?
The ultimate goal is to stop any kind of spelling/grammer checks and stop the user from being able to turn them back on.

In the properties of that field please change for field type use "Large text" (memo in older versions) then change/choose "text formate as "Rich text" problem will be solved

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom