reversed references (1 Viewer)

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 21:24
is there a way to find out if an .mdb is referencing me?
(i think this was asked in the past couple months but i can't find it now.)
tnx.

Last edited:

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 14:24
Have you tried using Edit -> Find on the VBA source selecting "Current Project". I don't think ME would be used anywhere else in your DB

Last edited by a moderator:

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
are we talking me as in ME personally or Me. the collection prefix?

Last edited by a moderator:

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
sry, should have been more specific.
when referencing another project it's easy to see the reference in the project explorer. but if i go in to the referenced project is there a way of finding out if the current project is being referenced? hope that's clearer.

Last edited:

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
What is the purpose of this exercise? Are we talking about other mdb's that may or may not have a link to the you, the host mdb?

We are taking about unknown unknowns here.. we don't know the name of the mdb but will you see if it is referencing me. Or known unknowns, I know the name of the mdb but will you check if it is referencing me.

And if it is referencing me, what is it referencing?

Why:confused:

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
complete unknowns - is any other (vb) project referencing this project.

why?
- i assume that if i remove the referenced project from the computer then the calling project will fail;
- i'm guessing it might be the source of another problem i'm having, trying to rename a folder; long shot but it got me wondering;
- i'm curious; i don't see a way to do it and that seems odd to me (see the first point).

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
This looks like a case for reverse engineering.

Is there anything in the suspect project that could be referenced from external projects?

If so, which are they? and who would have been likely to reference them and why?

Next ask yourself what projects do I have that would benefit from referencing the suspect project and what are they likely to be referencing.

If you come up with a posible then open up that project and examine the references/ components / dependancies in place.

Other than that I don't know.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom