Reviewing previous posts (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:02
Hi all,
Anyone know if it is possible to see your old posts, and I mean old, like my first 30 posts here.?

There is a feature as shown by the pic below, but not implemented here.?

Is this possible at all please @Jon ?, any side effects to having an Older Than criteria?

TIA
1596225189508.png

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 08:02
I can see my posts going back to 2013, granted I don't have even half as many as you so maybe it cuts off at a certain number? Click on your profile, then Your Content.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well I can use Newer than, but there is no option to sort the results, so I start from today and work backwards?
However I do not want to scroll that many pages, even at 10 at a time. :)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:02
If you wanted to see just your first 30 posts, maybe provide a date that's close to but before your join date and order by date? Not sure why you say there's no sort order when you can order by date or relevance.

EDIT -
Ahh, so it's a date order, but descending only. In that case you have to go to the last page then work backwards from there.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
FWIW I was really only interested in my first post here back in 2011. :)
However I think the Older Than option could come in handy.?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I see what you mean. I checked your join date and did as I suggested but didn't notice that the earliest result was nowhere near 2011. After several navigations using last page + clicking on "view older results" I was no where near 2011. Conclusion - you post too much!! :)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Does it help?
You can change the date if needed.

Edit : seems that it's not what you need.
Thanks Tera,
I actually used to use that method now and again on the old software :), but the Search now is so much better.
Whilst there is a date range specified, it still does not appear to pick up my posts from 2011, but posts from 2011, that I answered recently?
This occurs when a new user tags on to a 9 year old thread etc.
That search criteria actually only displays 4 posts, and only one of those started by me, and really shows my lack of experience at that time. I have learnt a little since then, thankfully. :)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I see what you mean. I checked your join date and did as I suggested but didn't notice that the earliest result was nowhere near 2011. After several navigations using last page + clicking on "view older results" I was no where near 2011. Conclusion - you post too much!! :)
Yes, I have been known to waffle :)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Based on Tera's post, you can try the following-- Go to tools; anyTime; custom range; start/end
You can narrow the range --say Jan 2011 --Sep 2011
I didn't know about the tools either.

Attachments

• SearchOldPosts.PNG
    SearchOldPosts.PNG
    40.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

deletedT

Local time
@jdraw I'm sure you know it. Just in case you don't:
At the left side of tools, click Settings and select advanced search.
There are a bunch of other details you can set for each search.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Based on Tera's post, you can try the following-- Go to tools; anyTime; custom range; start/end
You can narrow the range --ssay Jan 2011 --Sep 2011
I didn't know about the tools either.
I searched using parameters like that, but it did not reveal my first post.? First one displayed was in Nov 11?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Tools? Where's that? Come to think of it, I don't see those options in the blue bar shown by Tera (search albums, search media...)??

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I searched using parameters like that, but it did not reveal my first post.? First one displayed was in Nov 11?
Did you notice the button at the right under the last post; says Load More or something like that.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Did you notice the button at the right under the last post; says Load More or something like that.
Show 'earlier posts', or something to that nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom