Rich Text Formatting not working in Ribbon (1 Viewer)

Digi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:09
Hi,

I have a bit of an odd one that I've not come across before.

I have a textbox set up for Rich Text, however when I click on it to add text the Rich Text Formatting modules in the ribbon are not working. If I right click on the box the ribbon appears as if it's working in that it is no longer shaded but whenever I click on an option it shadows out again and nothing happens.

I have copied RTF into the box from word and this works fine and saves into the table as expected, just the ribbon doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

Any Ideas?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:09
Hi. To make sure we're on the same page, can you please post some screenshots? Thanks.

Digi

Registered User.
Local time
Hey,

Hope these screenshots explain it.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Screenshots.zip
    392.8 KB · Views: 71

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
The rich text controls are only active when you click in a text box control that is set for rich text. Move outside the textbox and the ribbon controls are disabled.
Try tabbing through the form controls and you will see the ribbon controls toggle on/off as appropriate

Digi

Registered User.
Local time
I have Rich Text enabled for the Memo text boxes and the field is set to rich text in the table. Tried your suggestion of tabbing and it doesn't activate on any option. It just activates whn I rightclick on the memo bo but it won't let me select any of the options.

Any ideas?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Can you upload a stripped down copy of your database with that table and form.
It might also help to know which version of Access you are using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom