RPG Maker? (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 06:48
Has anyone ever dabbled with the RPG Maker series? I'm mainly speaking of the PC version of the software. I know I made some very small projects back with RPG Maker 95 and 2000. I've slowly started getting back into it and really love the newer versions. XP is just amazing. VX to me is disappointing in that it seems like a step back from a default perspective, even though you get better scripting.

I'm currently writing a game in XP. It'll be a sequel to one of my all time favorite RPGs, Final Fantasy VI (III outside Japan) for the SNES.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 05:48
Has anyone ever dabbled with the RPG Maker series? I'm mainly speaking of the PC version of the software. I know I made some very small projects back with RPG Maker 95 and 2000. I've slowly started getting back into it and really love the newer versions. XP is just amazing. VX to me is disappointing in that it seems like a step back from a default perspective, even though you get better scripting.

I'm currently writing a game in XP. It'll be a sequel to one of my all time favorite RPGs, Final Fantasy VI (III outside Japan) for the SNES.

I haven't looked at this before. Based on your experience, you would say it's worth checking out?

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 03:48
Rocket Propelled Grenades?

There are some sick games out there.

Vassago

Local time
I haven't looked at this before. Based on your experience, you would say it's worth checking out?

RPG Maker or Final Fantasy III? :p

RPG Maker XP is my favorite one so far. If you are into RPGs and have an idea for a game, then yes, I'd check it out. There is a free demo you can download. There are plenty of games already created in it, just do a search for RMXP or RMVX games.

And if you mean Final Fantasy VI/III, then yes, it's definitely worth checking out. If you like storyline rather than graphics, it's got one of the best. The graphics were also good for it's time.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
RPG Maker or Final Fantasy III? :p

I was talking about RPG Maker. :D I've wanted to dabble with creating a game for a long time but never have gotten around to it.

I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games before. Sooo...you say they are worth checking out too? :p

Vassago

Local time
I was talking about RPG Maker. :D I've wanted to dabble with creating a game for a long time but never have gotten around to it.

I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games before. Sooo...you say they are worth checking out too? :p

If you like RPGs, they are by far the most infamous and most admired. Square(soft and enix) are the best makers of RPGs IMO. They have quite a few long running series.

Maybe to test my skills and for practice, I'll make a game based on members of this forum. Wouldn't that be fun? :p

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
If you like RPGs, they are by far the most infamous and most admired. Square(soft and enix) are the best makers of RPGs IMO. They have quite a few long running series.

Maybe to test my skills and for practice, I'll make a game based on members of this forum. Wouldn't that be fun? :p

Oooh, I want to be a mage-fighter-thief combo.

Vassago

Local time
Equally awesome. No super powers though? Or has Jack Bauer reached Chuck Norris status?

Pfff, Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer PJs to bed. There's nothing super about Chuck Norris.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Pfff, Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer PJs to bed. There's nothing super about Chuck Norris.

You should read this, and then tell me if Chuck Norris is inferior to Jack Bauer.... And even then I am inclined to say YOU'RE WRONG! Jack Bauer eats Chuck Norris cereal for breakfast every morning. If he doesn't he get's captured by the bad guys...

btw... I have never actually watched 24.... I refuse too. :eek:

Vassago

Local time
You should read this, and then tell me if Chuck Norris is inferior to Jack Bauer.... And even then I am inclined to say YOU'RE WRONG! Jack Bauer eats Chuck Norris cereal for breakfast every morning. If he doesn't he get's captured by the bad guys...

btw... I have never actually watched 24.... I refuse too. :eek:

It's a wonderful show! Why would you refuse?

And Chuck Norris isn't all powerful. Haven't you ever seen "The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" by Lemon Demon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
It's a wonderful show! Why would you refuse?

And Chuck Norris isn't all powerful. Haven't you ever seen "The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" by Lemon Demon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBK31tC5QM

I'll have to watch at home later....

I just could never get into the show, and as I don't get any channels (I don't have bunny ears) I don't watch much TV anyways.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 03:48
You can make a DTV antenna that really works DTV Antenna How To but there still is not much worth watching on television which is not already online. Perhaps it is just not the right medium for me.

I'll have to watch at home later....

I just could never get into the show, and as I don't get any channels (I don't have bunny ears) I don't watch much TV anyways.

Vassago

Local time
You can make a DTV antenna that really works DTV Antenna How To but there still is not much worth watching on television which is not already online. Perhaps it is just not the right medium for me.

Of course, you'll still need a digital tuner if you don't have one. Those may be a little harder to DIY. ;)

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Of course, you'll still need a digital tuner if you don't have one. Those may be a little harder to DIY. ;)

I have a digital tuner (those are the things you had to buy for the TV switch right?)

Vassago

Local time
I have a digital tuner (those are the things you had to buy for the TV switch right?)

You can either have a digital tuner in your tv already (ATSC) or buy a converter that converts the digital signal into an analog signal your tv tuner can receive so yes, that would work for the antenna that was posted. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom