Run a query based on a list of account numbers within a drop box.... (1 Viewer)

Number11

Local time
Today, 22:31
So here is something that is going to test all - I need to work out if its possible for a query to run against the criteria within a list - so have the option to cut and paste a list off account numbers into say a form and on clicking a button the query runs looking at the account numbers in that form list - or is this a total dream! :)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:31
What exactly is the purpose of the query?
You have a list of account numbers and with each of those you want to determine XXX?
You could put those account numbers in a separate table(temp even) and then set up a query between this and other tables. BUT the bottom line is the purpose of the query.

Number11

Local time
Today, 22:31
What exactly is the purpose of the query?
You have a list of account numbers and with each of those you want to determine XXX?
You could put those account numbers in a separate table(temp even) and then set up a query between this and other tables. BUT the bottom line is the purpose of the query.
to allow users to pop into a form a list of say 200 customer accounts and pull back details of any appointments, just like i would do create a table pop them in and run my query just dont want all users doing that so trying to work around it?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 18:31
See if this helps. I use a class module to get the filter from a multi select listbox, but you could do a standard module if not good with classes. But the class should work on any listbox and takes a line of code.

The demo shows how to open a query and how to filter a form using the same listbox.
multiselect.png

Attachments

• MultiSelectSimple.accdb
    632 KB · Views: 134

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom