Run an update query without the pop up prompts (1 Viewer)

Mr. SLP

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:50
I’ve got a query that I want to be ran after a report is generated and emailed to indicate that all the records on the report have been submitted. I have an update query that does the job great but i can’t figure out how to keep all the pop up confirmations showing before the query will run. Any tips/advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 17:50
File -> Options

Client Settings

Confirm -> Uncheck all 3 options

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:50
Be aware that while plog's suggestion will work, it is an Access setting on the computer. In a multiuser environment, other users will still see warnings unless they also change their settings. I prefer to control it from within the db.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:50
Happy to help.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:50
Keep in mind that turning off warnings can be dangerous to your health. If you inadvertently leave the warnings off, you could easily end up loosing hours worth of work if you simply close an object you modified without saving it first.

To avoid the issue, I actually use two macros (the ONLY macros in my applications). One macro sets warnings Off AND turns the hourglass on and the other sets warnings on and turns the hourglass off. Then I run the appropriate macro. Using this technique, if during testing, I accidentally bypass the code that turns the warnings back on or forget to actually code it, the hourglass stays on. The hourglass being on is sufficiently annoying to jar me into running the macro to turn warnings back on and tracking down the issue if it was the result of sloppy coding rather than forgetfulness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom