scanning barcode (1 Viewer)

irade92

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:47
Hi. When scanning barcode of a product, scanned barcode stays in a field and need to press Enter to read it...this happens in only one computer. In all others everything is ok...I assumed that the problem is in local comp but how to solve it... Any ideas

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:47
Usually it is to do with the scanner setup - needs to be set to enter a line feed after scanning

irade92

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. When scanning barcode of a product, scanned barcode stays in a field and need to press Enter to read it...this happens in only one computer. In all others everything is ok...I assumed that the problem is in local comp but how to solve it... Any ideas
Thanks a lot...it helps

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:47
IF you are dealing with a split database (multiple front-ends mapping to a single back-end) then each front-end's behavior in response to an input line terminator is controlled from two places that are individual to each system rather than globally defined.

First, from the Access ribbon, the File >> Options >> Current Database shows you some behavioral controls. Other options exist having to do with editing and data input behavior under File >> Options >> Client Settings. These are localized settings for the specific APP (Current DB) and for Access on your machine (Client.)

Second, if you are using a serial connection to the barcode device, the Windows {Start} >> Settings >> Devices >> Typing will have relevant options on how to treat some control functions - some on the main typing options panel, some under the advanced settings panel.

CJ's suggestion is also valid since communication takes TWO parties. It might be what the sender is saying; it might also be how the receiver is listening.

Just remember, communication even for inanimate devices can be tricky. And let's not forget the Yale Law of Communications Fog: I infer that you understand what you believe you heard me say, but I am less certain that you recognize that what I said wasn't actually what I meant.

irade92

Registered User.
Local time
The problem with barcode scanner was that AUTOMATIC ENTER KEY SUFFIX was not fixed...I found the right code to scan and fixed it..
Thanks a lot for your effort to reply on my post..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom