Security Password (1 Viewer)

Pete490h

Local time
Today, 11:41
I currently use Access 2010 for my databases, however I’m looking at developing another similar database for someone and they want to use office 365
This will require me copying a database and upgrading it to the latest Access version and they also want it to be fully secure
Can you please advise the correct procedure thanks
Pete

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:41
@Pete490h - just remember that security is relative, not absolute. The only truly secure system is one that has already been destroyed by fire or hammers or a small tactical nuke. ☢️🔨🔥

If it has power and an internet connection, it is insecure - to some degree. The only thing that you or anyone else can do is improve its security. Before providing anything to that other person, be absolutely sure of what level of security they are requesting. Security is frequently described as "trimming away the low-hanging fruit" - meaning that casual browsers won't get anything of value. But a determined hacker WILL break into a database. NOTE carefully that I did not say "Access database."

Colin is one of our security experts so his articles are going to be very good, but he would freely admit (and has done so in other threads) that there is no such thing as a perfectly secure operational database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom