Selective Report Printing. (1 Viewer)

djshrew

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:22
On my form i have a combo box that says yes/no.

This is for a mailing list, so yes means i have to print a label. which is in the form of a pre-setup report. how do i make my report tie up with the combo box. so only the yes's are added to the report.

Hope this makes sense, i am dyslexic so i find it hard to explain.

Thankyou in advance.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 00:22
nice and easy this one

Ok so you have add to mailing list Yes/No ?
your report should be based on a query - and this query need to be tweaked - a bit

your record source needs to have this yes/no (hopfully in your underlying table) added to the qry .

now run it and see what you get , the value in the end (new column) will have two values in it - filter it to what is required

yes/no could end up being true/false or -1/0

anyway run it and duble check against a know value - there you go job done .

djshrew

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your prompt replay i will try and muddle through it altho i am a complete novice, but i think i understand.

--Edit--

I have created the query, with yes/no. how do i make my report based on that? sorry i am really bad at this stuff i just learn by using other peoples databases.

True = -1 and false = 0

i got this bit easy, but how do i add that to my report? sorry probably really stupid question.

Thanks once again.

Last edited:

djshrew

Registered User.
Local time
I have been trying to figure this out for a while. but i come unstuck with my lack of knowlege, i am sure this is simple. I will keep researching, but if someone could explain i would be most greatfull as this is the only thing left on the database. (I will be happy to post if someone would like to look at it.)

Thankyou in advance.

---Edit---

Database here if this helps. www.dsltech.co.uk/BarnBacon.zip

P.S Could this be done using VB? with a code like " if Table:Mailing List=yes then add to report? " i know its not right at all but is there a code that could do that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom