selenium basic (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 00:53
anyone seen this question before? I'm tutorializing myself on this lib and this code gives me an automation error:
Code:
Dim bot As New WebDriver
bot.Start "chrome", "www.google.com"
everybody seems to think that I don't have something installed that I should have:

here's the tutorial:

I tried to install .NET 4.8, which is the newest version, but my system gave a message saying I already have it. can anyone spot what I'm missing?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Searching the articles and the web, that error SEEMS to be related to a version incompatibility or inconsistency for .NET, but it is not clear as to exactly which version you need. It SEEMS to be saying that something doesn't like .NET 4.8, which would mean that .NET's backwards compatibility got hosed. But it could also be that something is wrong with the .NET installation that requires it to be removed and reinstalled. Since I'm not up on the details of .NET, that's about as far as I can take this one. But perhaps someone else will see it and take up the thread.

D_Walla

Local time
Today, 06:53
I don't have any experience with WebDriver, but have you tried using ChromeDriver? I tend to find with SeleniumBasic the standard problem is when there is mismatch between the version of Chrome being used and the chromedriver.exe file that is installed.

conception_native_0123

Local time
thank you walla. I will try all the different drivers there are and report back. yes, I have tried chome driver too and it does the same thing.

D_Walla

Local time
Today, 06:53
That's really strange. What version of Chrome / ChromeDriver are you using? I'm not sure I can but I can see if I maybe try and reproduce the error?

conception_native_0123

Local time
i've put the project on hold for now walla. thanks. I'll post again when it's back in the saddle.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 01:53
Solved this problem today. You have to turn on the .Net 3.5 feature for Windows

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom