Send Report via email (1 Viewer)

lnoles

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:12
I want to send out a report, via email, without having to send the entire database.
When I send or export the report to Word, Excel, HTML, etc... The data comes thru, but, I lose the formatting and lines, boxes, etc...
I tried using the 'Publish it with Ms Word' with the same results...
Any Ideas?

Peter Paul

Registered User.
Local time
Not the cleanest fix, but.... You could hit the PrntScrn button on your keyboard. Then if you paste it onto a Word document it would retain the formatting. I am sure there is a better way though.

Peter

R. Hicks

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 18:12
As long as it's a report, you can send it as a .snp file (Microsoft Snapshot Viewer) that both you and the person receiving the file would need to have installed on your computers. This can be downloaded free at Microsoft's web site. Another alternative, though more expensive, would be to get yourself a copy of Adobe Acrobat 4.0 (writer). This does a great job taking graphics and text. You just print to a .pdf file that can be attached to an email. Of course the person receiving the file would need the Adobe reader (Free of charge from Adobe.com).
Maybe this will give you a couple more choices to think about.

Good Luck
RDH

Hunter

Registered User.
Local time
The snapshot viewer works well, but it mus the installed on anyone's computer who may view your report. Something I tried that worked okay was to create a separate, small database and then export the necessary tables, queries, and reports into it. Then have a simple form open on startup that has buttons to print preview the report. Email this mdb to the viewer. Kind of a long process but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom