sending salary payslips on access automatically to employee's (1 Viewer)

shyley

Local time
Today, 11:55
Hello, i was given a task in the office on access to automate the salary payslip forms built to be able to send to each employee on one click through outlook

its my first time using access I've gone through hell trying to build form's and make it perfect because i didn't have the opportunity to access training but that not the issue now, the issue now is how to automate the payslips forms to send the payslip to each employee emails provided on a click with some messages , please kindly help i dont know how to get arround this

thanks in advance

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:55
Welcome. I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum. You haven't given much detail, but for starters look at SendObject to send an email. This may help with where to put the code:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:55
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Not sure which industry or business you're in, but just wanted to mention that if salary info is "sensitive," you might want to be careful using Access doing that.

Just a thought...

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
If I had to do that, I would likely generate the payslip, which would be a report. Then send an email with the report attached.

Lots of examples here doing just that, creating files, attaching and sending emails.
Break it down into steps, small ones.

Generate a payslip for each employee.
Save payslip to a pdf with a name you can identify to send to the correct employee. Don't get this bit wrong, whatever you do.
Create an email for each employee, attach relevant file from the report stage. Again do not get this bit wrong. :)

Test each stage works, before moving on to the next. Plenty examples on a google search as well.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:55
You can also just embed the relevant information in the text of the email instead of creating a report and saving it as a pdf. It really depends on how complicated the presentation needs to be.

We don't have nearly enough information. For example, has payroll already been calculated and saved? So, this process would be after-the-fact and uses data from a table without any additional calculations.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
other consideration is that the data is sensitive and would not be good if it went to the wrong person by accident. Better to password protect the pdf with a unique password for each employee. There are free apps out there if your IT will allow them to be installed - here is an example https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...with-vba/e3b0be70-d7a5-421b-888f-980d35386c40)

Send the password to each employee in a separate email - or not quite as secure you might use something like their employee number as the password

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom