Separate Excel forum website? (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:50
I've considered creating a dedicated Excel forum on its own website, where the Excel forum here would actually take you to that site. Also, thought about changing the Forums tab to Access Forums, and put Excel Forums adjacent to it, which would take you to another website for Excel forum discussion.

Your thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea? Any ideas on what to call it if I did create such an entity?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:50
ExcelWorld?

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Every domain name under the sun is taken, but I did think of excelworldforums.com or excelfornerds.com.

What are your thoughts on the concept of creating a separate Excel forum website?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:50
Wouldn't it dilute traffic to this site, to your detriment? I can see a positive of it being Excel-focused, rather than a subset of an Access site.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
We don't' get much traffic specifically for Excel, but both apps crunch data, so there is a big overlap. I am wondering if I can piggyback one off the other, to help it get some traction.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It's a web SEO thing. I have to know all that rubbish.

AC/DC

Local time
Today, 12:50
Yes, if you're attempting to build an Excel website/forum like this one. The only reason I came here is because it shows up as an Access forum/website in google search. If I searched for Excel and came across an Access forum/website as a result I would ignore it. As for the name, mirror this one. That way you tie the two sites closely together. Thereby, leveraging the new Excel users to coming here and vice versa.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 11:50
The only reason I came here is because it shows up as an Access forum/website in google search.
that's probably because there's a huge knowledgebase in this place, and google has been indexing it forever.

Jon, you already have my feeling on this new website you're thinking about.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom