Hello Guys,

This is my Code

Code:
Private Sub strPHN_LostFocus()

Dim db As Database
Dim rst As Recordset
Dim STRSQL As String

Set db = CurrentDb()

STRSQL = "Select [tblMaster Table].[strID], [tblMaster Table].[strName],[tblMaster Table].[strKeywords],[tblMaster Table].[datMeeting Date],[tblMaster Table].[strStatus of Application] from [tblMaster Table] where [tblMaster Table].[strPHN]=" & "'" & Me.strPHN & "';"

Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(STRSQL)

If rst.RecordCount = 0 Then
    MsgBox "This ID " & Me.strID & " Not Found in Master Table, Please check the ID", vbInformation
    Me.strID.SetFocus
    Exit Sub
End If

Me.strPHN = rst.Fields(1)
Me.strName = rst.Fields(2)
Me.strKeywords = rst.Fields(3)
Me.datMeeting_Date = rst.Fields(4)

Me.Recalc

End Sub

Here, I want to display the matching Records from the Main Table to my Form based on ID. It is working perfect. If I have entered an ID which is not in the Master Table, a Message Box is displaying BUT the Code Me.strID.SetFocus is not working. The Focus is going to the Next Text Box strName.

The Tab Index of strID is 0 and Tab Index of strName is 1 and Tab Stop properties of Both these Text boxes are True.

Could you please help me how to solve this?

Thanks

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 06:26
I see...those were the only situations I could think of. When the form opens, are you able to edit the strID field?

JithuAccess

Local time
Today, 04:26
You can't set the focus to a control that already has it.
So if strID receives the focus after strPHN it won't work.
I have put my Code in the Got Focus event of strName and it is working. Though I am not sure this is the correct way to solve this

Thank You

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 06:26
Now I REALLY don't have a clue! Are you able to upload a copy of your DB? If not, hopefully someone else will have an idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom