Setting a Callback!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dazzle

Local time
Today, 10:02
This is so frustrating.

I have downloaded the "sales contact management database" template which is okay for my requirements. However, i NEED to set a callback so that when i have spoken to a prospect and they ask me to call back in an hour/a day/a month / a year i can set a date and when then date arrives it will pop up on my screen.

This really is the most basis function of any sales database so i dont understand why this is so difficult to sort out.

I have about 10,000 contacts ready to import into a database that is useless without this function.

My knowledge on access is "basic" so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:02
Shouldn't be difficult at all. Searching here for reminder will probably turn up threads on the subject. In short, add a date/time field containing the callback date/time, and it's a simple query to find the ones coming up in the next "x" amount of time.

khawar

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:02
As Paul said you can do this by adding a date field in your customers table if you want to track just one event in future and dont want to maintain the history

But if you want to be able to keep the record of more than one future events related to a single customers the you can use a seperate table with following fields

CustomerId, CallBackDate,done(a yes/no field indicating whether you called or not)

in this way you can also maintain the history of your customer call which is a normal practice because you can use this information later on in your correspondence with customer

Khawar

MrBen101

Registered User.
Local time
Hello there!

Is this for a telemarketing database? If so I've got loads that I used to make for Coca Cola (before I ran away) that I can upload for you. PM me if you want me to post them here.

Ben

Last edited:

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Simple Software Solutions

A more comrehensive approach is to have a form that collects the information abount next call back, etc, as you may already have. Then when you save the data get it save it to Outlook as by way of a reminder. Then let Outlook handle the reminder operation. Why try and invent the wheel whern one already exists.

CodeMaster:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom