shutting off ALL formatting (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Yesterday, 18:39
Can anyone here tell me how to do this? I don't want word doing anything for me. I want to shut off any and all auto-anything that is automatically turned on when word is bought, a new doc is created or an old doc is opened and modified. Is there one place in the interface that I can get this done? or are there different locales that can stop formatting annoyances with regard to different features of the program? Here are some things I want to get rid of:

=> auto-numbering the first line of text in a block of text that I highlight. obviously I'm trying to number the highlighted lines and not just the first one (see image 1).
=> the auto-setting of line spacing (like before and after that one can see in the margin formatting menu (see image 2).
=> the auto-indentation of every line of text in the doc when only one line is highlighted and the ""left align"" or ""right align"" button is pressed (see image 3).

any help here? Any word experts around?

thanks.

annnoyance_1.jpg

annnoyance_2.jpg

Attachments

• annnoyance_1.jpg
    annnoyance_1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 513

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:39
The general way to do this is to define a template file that does what you want and make it your default template, which is a multi-step operation.

Your templates are in a special folder under your user profile. The exact location depends on other things you have done. On my system (Win10) you can look in This PC >> Local Drive (C:) >> Users >> your-username >> AppData >> Roaming >> Microsoft >> Templates.

I would also advise you to look up how to change templates. Here is one link:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom