Site Problems (1 Viewer)

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 11:44
Is anyone else having problems with AWF interface. If I click on Quick Links I get taken somewhere but do not know where I am. I cannot download a full list of today's posts. There are other problems but this should be enough to get the point across.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:44
Yes I had the same problems yesterday afternoon. Not for the first time I might add.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:44
I had trouble yesterday; today so far it has been fine.

RainLover

Local time
I am still having problems. You can't help people if you can't find their thread.

RainLover

Local time
Can we find a Moderator who can take this further.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:44
I think it's a Jon or Vassago issue. Moderators don't have any control over the site itself. If memory serves, they get notified of posts to this forum.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 20:44
It's a Jon issue. He'll have to look it over. I haven't had these problems. I'm on IE 8, Firefox, and Chrome typically.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There are so many problems with the site at the moment that it needs to be reverted as a matter of urgency. --- IE11 drops the carriage returns. Style sheet is not loading properly. Can't get to Recent Posts from QuickLinks. Can't get list of post for a user. ---Problems from Chrome too except the carriage returns.

RainLover

Local time
There are so many problems with the site at the moment that it needs to be reverted as a matter of urgency. --- IE11 drops the carriage returns. Style sheet is not loading properly. Can't get to Recent Posts from QuickLinks. Can't get list of post for a user. ---Problems from Chrome too except the carriage returns.

I have just loaded Fire Fox. Things have gone from Bad to worse to ................. I'll be back when it is fixed.

Vassago

Local time
It's very strange that we aren't seeing more complaints. As I've said, I don't have those problems in latest Firefox or Chrome and IE 8 (used at work.)

I've forwarded this thread to Jon. Maybe he can help.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
I've been watching, but I've had no issues, either with IE 8 at work or the most recent Chrome at home.

Vassago

Local time
Are you guys running any plugins that may be causing the problem? Any blockers or anything of any kind? What security mode? Maybe we can pinpoint the problem by comparing setups.

RainLover

Local time
VassagoI have made no changes that I can think of.It was working fine then it became a mess.I think I have tried everything I am capable of.You will notice that this post has NO vacant lines. Yet I put them in when typing.I wounder if the carriage return is part of the fault.

RainLover

Local time
This problem may be fixed for some but it is still a mess for me.I am using IE 11Thought I would let you know just incase Jon had other ideas.

RainLover

Local time
Another day gone and still nothing done to fix this problem.Could we at least have an update on the progress.PLEASE.

RainLover

Local time
Thank You

It appears as though it now works.

I tested a few things and did not have a problem.

I am a happy little Vegemite now.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Thank You

It appears as though it now works.

I tested a few things and did not have a problem.

I am a happy little Vegemite now.

I thought vegemite was something you put in sandwiches? (Yes, my only exposure to the word is a song by Men at Work.)

Vassago

Local time
It's a disgusting tar looking/tasting jelly like substance.

Glad it's working for you now.

RainLover

Local time
You are correct.

That song was Australia's Anthem when we successfully challenged for the America's cup.

Happy little Vegemite is an old Aussie saying. Not sure how it started, but if you could imagine a little child with this Black stuff all over their lips and half their face smiling, then it gives you some idea.

RainLover

Local time
It's a disgusting tar looking/tasting jelly like substance.

Glad it's working for you now.

We treat it as a staple part of the diet. It is always on the table at breakfast time. Usually eaten on toast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom