size/location of PDF form fields differs from user to user. (1 Viewer)

mdnuts

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:04
I have an excel sheet that creates a PDF, then opens it and add's a couple of signature boxes and form fields. All that worked perfectly fine until recently (I believe we just got office 365).

Now - for some people the signature and form fields are in their normal location, for other people the signature and form fields are much larger and way off position. Absolutely everything matches between everyone involved. same exact excel sheet, same exact excel options, same excel zoom setting, same exact PDF settings. We tried matching monitor resolutions, etc. nothing made a difference.

What I did narrow it down to was the scaling of the excel sheet. if the sheet scale is at 100% - everybody matches. if the sheet is at it's normal 38% - it goes south on me. I tried googling around about the issue and I've seen some references to an issue with excel 2007 but i can't view the KB (kb403530) at all.

Has anyone run into this?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 16:04
So add a line of code to ensure the zoom is set at 100 before creating the pdf?

mdnuts

Registered User.
Local time
i think you mean scale? We've made sure it was set to 38% (and zoom 100%) before printing - the locations differ. Scale needs to be at 38% to ensure it fits on one page wide.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 16:04
Oh - you're saying it DOES have to be set to 38%, ok, I misunderstood. I assume you're using a dll or api to Adobe to do this, with which I'm unfamiliar, sorry. Maybe someone else will chime in. :)

mdnuts

Registered User.
Local time
appreciate you taking a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom