Size when exporting form to PDF (1 Viewer)

Mfap1988

Local time
Today, 23:24
Hello all,

I have a form with a subform within it (invoice design) and when I export to pdf it sometimes goes of the page, is there any way I can ensure that all my data fits in one page by setting the width to a certain size etc?

Thanks

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 16:24
Reports should be exported to PDF rather than forms

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:24
You can look at the various sections and the form itself. The .Top, .Height, .Left, and .Width control the "print area" of the main form and every section in it. Forms CAN have headers and footers as separate sections though most of what you want is in the form's .Detail section. I checked and unfortunately I didn't see anything that would control the print margins of the form because normally you don't print forms. Going through the .ExportTo mechanism doesn't specify margins. That means you have to try to keep your form to less than 6 1/2 inches width for an 8 1/2 x 11 paper size.

Last edited:

Mfap1988

Local time
Today, 23:24
Thanks for the responses, I understand it is better to export reports however the layout is lost when I create a report from the form.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Thanks for the responses, I understand it is better to export reports however the layout is lost when I create a report from the form.
Fair enough. I've nothing against you trying, just there's little to zero community research and support for it, like all bets are off - you might as well just even automate screenshot probably easier than creating a reliable form to pdf

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
...however the layout is lost when I create a report from the form.
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

How about not creating the report from the form. Instead, create a report from scratch? Would that make a difference? If so, what part of the layout is lost?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:24
To amplify theDBguy's comment, it is possible to do page layout on reports where you get to diddle with margins, which would control some of the "page overflow" cases, or at least let you in the preview whether you were going to have a problem. I don't think that option is available for forms.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:24
You can create a report that looks like your form but you might have to make manual adjustments. Keep in mind that if you have subforms they will not paginate when you print the form,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom