Question Small form with command button to insert records from one table to another (1 Viewer)

saledo2000

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:16
Hello,
I have two tables, one is GENETIC and the other one is BoneSampleDNAprofile. Both tables have the field CY-Code. I want to create small form with 2 text box fields and one command button on the form to be able to insert CY-Code from the table GENETIC to designated DNA_LAB_Code in the table BoneSampleDNAprofile. In that small form I would type DNA_LAB_Code and CY-Code where after pressing command button will insert CY-Code for the designated DNA_LAB_Code. This is continuous process after our Laboratory receive results from DNA laboratory. I have attached two .png files which are example of two tables.
Could you please help on this matter.
Thank you.

Attachments

• CY-Code.png
    CY-Code.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 92
  • BoneSampleDNAProfile.png
    BoneSampleDNAProfile.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 92

Bandylank

Local time
If your planning on typing both the CY-Code and the DNA_LAB_Code into the form it seems a little over the top to then press a button to insert the code into the table, why not have the form display all records in the BoneSampleDNAProfile table then type in the CY-Code, or use the form to search the BoneSampleDNAProfile records and have a combo box linked to the CY-Code table to fill in the CY-Code field in the BoneSampleDNAProfile table?
If im missing the point then I appologise..

saledo2000

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Bandylank,
You hit the point, but I have already the form as you suggested. I wanted to create command button for the current record which will open query to ask which DNA LAB Code to assign current CY-Code. I forgot to mention that the CY-Code for the current record is in the GENETIC table. I have the same filed in BoneSampleDNAProfile table where I need to associate CY-Code to the designated DNA LAB Code.
Thank you anyway for the effort.
Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom