So AOC can "Sell" Herself as a Female Object (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 14:28
AOC makes a beauty video for Vogue, explains her bright red lipstick.
“The reason why I think it’s so important to share these things is that, first of all, femininity has power, and in politics there is so much criticism and nitpicking about how women and femme people present ourselves,” the New York Democrat explained.
Yet ----> New York Times Article: A.O.C. Unleashes a Viral Condemnation of Sexism in Congress.
On Thursday, she had her most norm-shattering moment yet when she took to the House floor to read into the Congressional Record a sexist vulgarity that Representative Ted Yoho, a Florida Republican, had used to refer to her.
So AOC can make a "sexual" display of herself, but if a male happens to react in a negative manner (however that is defined), he is guilty of "sexism". (Note that Harris and Clinton indiscriminately toss out the sexism charge too to obtain victim votes.) If she wants to eliminate sexism, as the progressive left claims, it is up to her to refrain form selling herself as a female object.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 11:28
I wasn't going to respond to this as I didn't feel like I have much to say or add, but I decided to click on the first link you posted and I found a quote as:

There’s this really false idea that if you care about makeup or if your interests are in beauty and fashion, that that’s somehow frivolous. But I actually think these are some of the most substantive decisions that we make — and we make them every morning,” the lawmaker said.

Wow! I think she may look back at that quote and regret it in hindsight. I wouldn't think that statement does "respect for women in politics" any favors...
Those are some of the most substantive decisions that you make? Dang!

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:28
To her, it is a substantive decision to choose what false face she puts forward.

neuroman9999

Local time
AOC is one of the biggest freakin featherheads the world has ever seen. The only difference between her and Nancy is that Nancy is too old to keep all the rage in her soul that AOC obviously has shown.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Mark it on your calendar. I consider that a quite cogent and at least reasonably accurate comment. AOC is someone we can do without. Not too keen on Nancy either, but she at least understand politics and "logrolling" as it applies to Congress.

neuroman9999

Local time
Not too keen on Nancy either, but she at least understand politics and "logrolling" as it applies to Congress.
If you're a lifer in Congress that has done the job for 40 years, you ought to know SOMETHING!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
True, but based on her past performance, she might KNOW something but she doesn't seem to need to SHOW it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom