solution for mouse pointer problem while navigating images (1 Viewer)

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 08:37
maybe you haven't had this problem - i have yet to find a link to this anywhere - but here it is: when i navigate through records on a form that contains (linked) images my mouse pointer goes nuts. it doesn't stay on the nav buttons, it zips to the middle of the screen and i have to reposition it back on the nav buttons for every record. annoying to say the least.

i found this on the access web (http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0044.htm): "However, if the image files are moderately large, and if the user tries to quickly navigate to different records by using the built in navigation buttons before the "Loading Image" asynchronous dialog closes, the result is either a General Protection Fault in Access, or the message "Out Of Stack Space" before Access terminates."

what? the ""Loading Image" asynchronous dialog"? so, another dialog is opening at the same time that navigation occurs, in order to load the image!?

the ""Loading Image" asynchronous dialog" is invisible when it opens but i figured it must have a default button.

the "problem" is that i have this mouse setting checked: (XP: control panel/mouse/mouse properties/pointer options/Snap To), which automatically moves the pointer to the default button in a dialog box. sure enough when i turned off the mouse option my mouse pointer no longer jumps to the middle of the screen - to the invisible default button.

if this mouse option is checked on your machine (i didn't like it for about 5 minutes, now i don't know how i lived without it) this may come in handy. but if anyone knows a workaround so i don't have to turn this option off i would love to hear about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom