Some common sense finally (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 10:28
Agreed. I took a trip up there last month to show support. The place was packed! It took over an hour to get seated but I amused myself at the bar sticking up conversations with like minded people.

Some of the customers even wore masks...this should tell you something...

I never asked the Govenment to save me and their 'help' is neither needed nor desired.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The most terrifying 9 words in the English language ---

I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Tucker had a guest on this week who is an immigrant from Poland. She was put in jail on Friday for refusing to close her business. She left when the communists were still in charge and she is living a nightmare caused by our Fascist government.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
WHY are we standing for it? How can we let people be jailed for opening their business???????????????????? If I were younger, I'd be out there on a picket line somewhere.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:28
I know that I would happily go give that person some business, particularly having now had my 2nd vaccination (Pfizer). However, I am constrained by distance in this case. But we have been supporting our local restaurants.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've been going out all along and getting takeout more than usual. After the 15 days to flatten the curve, NOTHING they said/did made any sense. It was easy to see that they were making it up as they went along. If you listen to Faucci now, we can never go maskless ever again because there will always be something lurking out there. And the Governors with the most draconian shut downs are the most egregious cheaters.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:28
Safety protocols must be maintained like wearing mask. By the way, how do they practice social distancing while dining?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I know...the older I have gotten, the more people avoid me. Not that I mind...I was essentially practicing social distancing before it was popular.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 07:28
Safety protocols must be maintained like wearing mask. By the way, how do they practice social distancing while dining?
I don't think they do. They've made a personal choice based on a calculated risk - same thing that every human being does, at least 100 times a day, on dozens of topics that involve risk vs. living life. COVID ought not be the first time in history that everyone is forced to choose zero risk in exchange for the end of life as they know it.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If mask wearing resulted in zero risk, it would be a fair tradeoff but no mask available to us including the N95 actually blocks virus particles so the people who think wearing a mask makes them "safe" are deluding themselves. They do offer some protection against large droplets from sneezes and coughs but sick people know longer dare to go out in public. That is probably a good thing.

Remember the quote about safety vs freedom.. Looks like way too many people around the world have opted to give up freedom in exchange for a false sense of safety.. Imagine how people who always wear a mask and never go out and never go near anyone as they pine away alone in a closet feel when they catch the virus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom