Some database functions not working depending on which computer (1 Viewer)

miacino

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:03
Why would some command buttons work on my computer, but not on another on a shared network drive? Command button to open report (written in VBA), and the "Not On List" function works fine on mine, but not on my colleagues. We had IT re-install Office Suite on her computer and still no change. What could be causing the variations of functions on my database vs. another?
Thanks for any guidance!

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:03
Have you made sure the 'Trusted Locations' are set up [the same] on each computer?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:03
Can't be sure, but there is a simple enough test. Misbehaving functions often come from misbehaving libraries. Library references are stored in the registry. Registries are specific to a single computer. Therefore...

You have a machine where things work and one where they don't work so well. On BOTH machines open up the DB in a way that lets you see the VBA code pages. Check Tools >> References from those pages and compare which libraries are checked. If they are different and the one that is working has more checks, that could do it. BUT part two of that is, while you are there, check the order of appearance of the references. If they are wrong, find the one that is wrong on the non-working system and highlight it. Then there are up and down arrows to the right of the reference list. Use them to select the order of the references

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:03
Hi. Does "doesn't work" simply means nothing happens or were you seeing some error messages?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
cheekybuddha's suggestion is quite valid. It reminds me that it is possible for two users to have issues based on permissions as well. Verify that both users have MODIFY permission on the directory folder holding the back-end file - and it would not hurt to on all the relevant files in that folder.

Dreamweaver

Local time
I had something like this after complying a 64 bit version some of the old 32 bit functions wouldn't work with 64 bit I clicked the button and nothing happened @isladogs sorted that one for me.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Check Tools >> References
That was going to be my next suggestion if it turned out it wasn't an issue with trusted locations.

Along with double checking that there aren't any unqualified declarations like Dim rs As Recordset (y)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
True, cheekybuddha, because in that case the order of declarations is significant. For example, both DAO and ADO have recordset objects but they are not identical. In such cases, earliest match in the list wins. Even if it was the wrong match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom