Something Weird is happening with my Microsoft Access. (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:09
Something weird is happening with my Microsoft Access. Formerly I would click on the file button in the top left hand corner. It would take me through to the screen where I could "compact and repair"
  • First Change:- Compact and Repair has been moved under a separate menu item called "INFO" which is not very clear to say the least.
  • Second:- When I open a property sheet, the grid lines in the property sheet appear fatter and and less well defined with a pixelated look...
  • Third:- there appears to be a bug when I'm editing a form. I click on a control to try to open the property sheet and nothing happens. The only solution is to close and reopen the database. This is happening quite regularly, two or three times a day....

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:09
I agree Tony. Just opened my O365 and opened a database -the Compact and Repair is no longer accessible from the File (button/option). Yes I found it under the Info (as you did) but it isn't obvious.
Seems like a new feature added by M$oft to confuse us and get additional negative comments/feedback from exiting users/developers.
🤬

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Seems like a new feature added by M$oft to confuse us

Thanks Jack...
Have you noticed any difference in the appearance of the the property sheet?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Which version of A365 are you running?
I have versions 1912 & 2001 on different machines. Compact & Repair is under Database Tools as always
However its ALSO available from Backstage view .... File ...Info ....
... but its been available there for as long as I can remember.
Just checked & its also there in A2010 as well as A365

Capture.PNG

Any chance of a screenshot of the property sheet?

Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
When I open the property sheet, I notice it is a wider rectangle than previous but nothing else"jumps out". Grid lines are still grid lines etc. no change in sizes/widths that I can see.

O365InfoFeb062020.PNG

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Here's form design with properties
FormDesignViewWithProperties.PNG
FormDesignViewWithProperties.PNG

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
The image on the Left (the command button property sheet) you can see the line between the caption and and the caption text doesn't reach to the top and the lines are blurry. The image on the right is how my property sheets always used to be and the way I prefer them!

PropertySheetBluredLines.JPG
FrmPropertySheet.png

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If I click on the What's New on my O365 Account page, it just goes to a Loading forever loop and does not provide a result. I was hoping to see some info re thee changes???

Yes, my property sheet(s) were similar to the one you prefer. I also prefer that format.
Has anyone found a related update/message from M$oft regarding this format change??

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 03:09
no kidding, Tony. I've had plenty of weird things go on. When I was posting this FAQ thread earlier this morning, I tried producing all the tables in one file, and it worked fine. until I compacted the stupid thing. and YEAH, instead of throwing out the garbage, the database GREW. :rolleyes: there were a few other things that went on, an will remain unnamed, but finally I just said OK, these are supposed to compress to 800K literally, and they were 13.8 MB! so it was impossible to stay under Jon's size limit. thus, I had to use google's drive.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Interesting. Have been on 365 going on 3 or 4 years now. I see no difference. For me, CR was always under Info as well as Database Tools. I see no diff in property sheet either. If I ever experienced a ps visibility problem it was because I dragged it too far down and forgot that I put it there.
EDIT - using v 1942

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Have been on 365 going on 3 or 4 years now. I see no difference. For me,

Seeing Microns comment set me wondering..... Earlier today I was looking up some help and I went on the Microsoft website and it wouldn't let me proceed, it insisted that I had to sign into Microsoft 365 or something? (It's never done that before) I of course didn't, but it did automatically fill the email address in with my email address from a company I did some work for last year, a company who use "Microsoft Dynamics 365". My password has expired and it would not log me in. I'm wondering if this interaction with Microsoft has somehow linked my version of MS Access to Office 365? I have MS Access 16 MSO 2016 - Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:09
I'm running Version 2001. With an open database, File now opens on the Home option. Previously, it opened the Info screen with C&R

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom