Sort a form field that's based on a table (1 Viewer)

terrytek

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:52
I have some combo box fields on an input form that, now that I've used them, it turns out would be easier to use if I had them sorted in reverse order. These fields are both based on tables, not queries.
Is it possible to change the sort order of the combo boxes? I have changed the sort order of the underlying tables, but that does not seem to affect the combo boxes. Or do I have to bind the combo boxes to an underlying query that's sorted the way I want the combo box items to be sorted?
Thank you.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:52
Yes, use a query or SQL statement for your Comboboxes, so you can sort them the way you want/need to. Cheers!

terrytek

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:52
Yes, use a query or SQL statement for your Comboboxes, so you can sort them the way you want/need to. Cheers!
Where do I put that query or SQL statement in the Property Sheet of the combo box?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:52
Where do I put that query or SQL statement in the Property Sheet of the combo box?
You can put it in the Combobox or the query you're using for the Combobox.

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 07:52
The combo box wizard (that appears when adding a new combo box) walks you through this step. I'd recommend doing that to see the process.

Afterward, you can click the 3 dots next to the Row Source in the property sheet of the control to edit the query that the wizard created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom