SPAM users (1 Viewer)

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 10:52
I think SPAM users have got a little bit cheeky these days, I just stumbled upon this,

They start creating Groups and start advertising/spamming. I could not find anywhere to report a User/Group.

Or is this not even a problem and I am just making it a big deal for no reason (just like my ex)? :eek:

Attachments

• reportGroup.jpg
    reportGroup.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 286

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I've noticed this phenomena as well but it only interferes with looking at who's online and not when browsing new posts so it is not as disruptive as spam posters.

Brian

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Yes Brian, its not disruptive. Although a lot of this might affect site performance (I think !).

Again, might not be an issue after all. Just thought I might shout out. Although this could be a good start for thinking about "Reporting Users/Groups" similar to reporting posts/threads.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Sorry if I gave the impression that I thought that it could be ignored, that was not my intention. I am not sure what the purpose is, but it can't be good.

Brian

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:52
If those messages are "google-able" then Definatly yes

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 05:52
Never knew they were doing that. Thanks!

I wonder if Jon can limit group creation to users with a certain number of posts.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Never knew they were doing that. Thanks!

I wonder if Jon can limit group creation to users with a certain number of posts.
No problem Vassago, just thought it was worth informing someone.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:52
Thanks Paul! They are certainly getting sneaky. I had never noticed these. We're getting rid of them, but it always helps to have alert people like you out there!

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 05:52
Looks like we got ahead of the problem pretty easily.

Thanks again!

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
You guys are good. Are you able to stop it reoccurring or must we keep our eyes open and report it if we see it.

What is the best way to report if so?

Brian

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Vas got most of them. For now we'll have to keep an eye out. Vas will see if Jon can do anything. I noticed once you go into a discussion, there's a "Report" option that will presumably alert us.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Thanks again!
Thanks Paul! They are certainly getting sneaky. I had never noticed these. We're getting rid of them, but it always helps to have alert people like you out there!
No problem ! Vas and Paul.
I noticed once you go into a discussion, there's a "Report" option that will presumably alert us.
I did notice that too, but thought it might be a pain going through each group and manually reporting it. Even for a Mod, or Admin it might be annoying to look pr2-eugin reported this, pr2-eugin reported that. :D

For future I will surely follow this route. Thank you for taking some action. :cool:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you just report one it will trigger us to go in there and clean it out. No need to report one of each group (IMO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom