Solved Split Database - table relationship problem (1 Viewer)

ubi

Local time
Today, 16:16
Good Afternoon All!

im doing the DB splitting in front_end and back_end, but i notice that in the front_end im missing the "table link" (check pictures) but besides that the rest seems to work fine. In the back_end everything is working fine.
Details: in the front_end only one table has the correct "table link" (pic1) while the rest of tables dont have any link which makes me think of a bug ?

I tried to split the DB in both ways, with the wizard and manualy (create 2 new DB and in the first import just the tables and on the second import the rest of objects and after link the tables) but in both cases the result is the same. Also i tried to delete and recreate the relationship on the back_end but it didnt help.
Anyone have a clue of why its happening ?

pic1
pic1.png

pic2
pic2.png

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:16
You might have SubDatasheets switched off.

It's not a function I would encourage you to use though. Tables are not for entering or view data, that is what forms are for.
SubDatasheets also can cause the database to slow down in operation.

Reactions: ubi

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:16
Hi @ubi. Welcome to AWF!

I agree with @Minty, your table relationships should be fine and should really consider just using forms for data entry. However, you use a datasheet form, you should also be able to turn on subdatasheet and the result you want.

Cheers!

ubi

Local time
Today, 16:16
You might have SubDatasheets switched off.

It's not a function I would encourage you to use though. Tables are not for entering or view data, that is what forms are for.
SubDatasheets also can cause the database to slow down in operation.
The SubDatasheets is on [auto] on all tables except of the one that is "working" because its manualy selected, so if i manualy select the subdatasheets it work, so the [auto] setting is not working properly. But the things that somehow it can work is already a huge help Thanks !:D

btw im not using tables for data entry but im using it to display data ( after the proper filtering with query ), i didnt find a much better way to display data in aggregate and with the quick option to show "where it comes from" , i just know that neested subform somehow can do something like this but its not that much appealing visualy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom