spreadsheet looking form inside a form (1 Viewer)

penfold1992

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:03
Hello again :)

I have a database which is supposed to record issues that have been identified in process documents filed by specific teams.

part of the database is dedicated to collecting names and contact points for the particular teams and this section of the database is fine.

with regards to recording issues to documents is where I currently have a problem...

I essentially want to create a table (that can be filled in by the end user) which includes two columns, one for the document reference and one for the issue's description. The end user should be able to enter multiple records for this at the time of entry.

when the user hits the update button, the information splits in two directions, one will record the information in a history like fashion, including the two columns mentioned above and the date of entry and the other direction is to be used to record what was entered in that entry, removing the previous entries so that instead of keeping a history, we are just keeping the latest entry.

how can i create a table for people to enter information in and how can i collect the entries from that table to save it and populate that table later? The table should allow for multiple entries and grow in size (in case a lot of issues are found)

I hope I have been clear enough in my description.
Kind Regards,
Grant

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 12:03
Then create the table and set it as the recordsource for a form.
To get the data into the tables, use append queries in both cases.
For the last entry, run a delete query first.

penfold1992

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:03
Then create the table and set it as the recordsource for a form.
To get the data into the tables, use append queries in both cases.
For the last entry, run a delete query first.

I have two questions to this method:

1. is it possible to filter the "subform query", if so... how would i go about doing it?

2. I would like to remove a few things from the sub query such as:
scroll bar
the bottom bar that tells me what "record im on", whether a filter is active and a search.

is that possible?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 12:03
I'm not quite sure what you mean, please post some print screens of what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom