SQL-based intellisense in recordset or dynamic sql statements (1 Viewer)

How Valuable and Impactful Do You Think This Would Be?

• Priceless

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nice to have, but nothing super special

• Negative Impact - I would dislike it

• Stop Creating Polls and Get Back to Work

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:00
How valuable would you find this in Access VBA?

- Intellisense based on the known structure of Tables and Queries, when typing a recordset open OR in any scenario where the IDE can "sense" that you are writing VBA that is clearly forming a SQL statement

Code:
Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("select * from ____ where _____._____ = 'value'

Imagine the Table names popping up, and then the appropriate cascading population of Column names popping up - complete with the column data type!

Just think of how immense the impact of this would be on VBA development in Access! I'll guess that it might have been during the (wonderful) lifecycle of ADP's was the closest Microsoft ever got to considering doing this....

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:00
Rolled my Own.
I have a helper App from a long time ago. I lost it, but of course Colin had a copy and gave it back to me. I've been tweaking it a bit since.
You import the tables your working with. You select the table and fields you want and the type of recordset to generate. Its rather simplistic but I'm a real lazy typist.

codeGen.jpg

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:00
I like it!

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 14:00
Rolled my Own.
I have a helper App from a long time ago. I lost it, but of course Colin had a copy and gave it back to me. I've been tweaking it a bit since.
You import the tables your working with. You select the table and fields you want and the type of recordset to generate. Its rather simplistic but I'm a real lazy typist.
I did this for myself using PHP and MYSQL years ago. it worked perfectly! pretty soon the machines will be doing it too! by the way @Isaac , you'll like my vote! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom